Name: Marnee DowningOccupation: servant of the Most High God
City where you live: Yorba Linda, CA
Spouse/children: Husband, Keith; Kathryn and Liam, 13 yr. old twins; Connor, 9 (and Daleen's cousin)
Describe the process, the leading by which you came to the decision to go on this trip:
From childhood, service has been my passion and it has taken many shapes over the course of my life; helping my Nana out of the car, pouring punch at a church social event, teaching 7th grade Sunday school, and most recently serving the professional development needs of the team reporting to me. The future is in God's hands; what I know is I desire to be of service to Brother Henry, the people who live at or come to Good Shepherd for care (in what ever form it takes). I am eager to know what God has next for me, but will wait for His timing, albeit impatiently at times.
What you hope to experience on this trip:
To share the love of Jesus with those who know Him and those who do not. To be used of God to expand His kingdom and be a blessing however He chooses to use me. To meet Brother Henry and those who work along side of him, and hopefully to meet Sweetie.
What is one of your favorite Bible verses:
One?? Psalms 118:13-14: “You pushed me violently, that I might fall, But the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation”(NKJV). Joshua 1:9: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go" (NIV).
Any Fun Factoid:
Yo atendida Colegio de Idiomas de Baja California en Ensenada, México por seis semanas, dos años pasado. ¿Habla español?
Name: Jerri MessnerOccupation: RN, presently working at Tulsa Spine and Specialty Hospital
City where you live: Tulsa, Ok
Spouse/children: Husband, Jerry; Daughter, Jamie and son-in-law, Bryan; Son, Brad and daughter-in-law, Rachel
Describe the process, the leading by which you came to the decision to go on this trip:
After being asked to consider being part of the team going to India by Andrew and Daleen, I struggled to overcome some doubts and fears about my own abilities. Then one evening while talking with Andrew by phone God let me know He wanted me to go on this trip and would give me what I needed to meet the challenges. From that point all the doubts and fears were gone for good!
What you hope to experience on this trip:
I want to experience being part of the team and ministering to the Indian people. I want to use my Nursing experience to aid in the medical outreach there.
What is your favorite Bible Verse?
My favorite Bible Verse is Psalms 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.” God has used this verse many times to assure me that He was at work in my life.
Any Fun Factoid:
I have enjoyed being a nurse for more than 30 years but my greatest joy has been being a wife and mother and now a grandmother to my three beautiful grandsons, Logan 5, Landon 3, and Max, 8mo. I also enjoy traveling with my husband.
Occupation: RN; most recently, school nurse for a developmental preschool for children with special needs
City where you live: Tulsa, OK
Spouse/children: husband, Curtis; son, Bryce, 10; daughter, Nora, 7
Describe the process, the leading by which you came to the decision to go on this trip:
During a season of praying, "Lord, use me. Show me what more I can do for you," I received the invitation from Global NIM to be a part of this team. I had been telling God I was willing to sacrifice my own comfort in order to win more souls for His kingdom, and I knew that this would be an opportunity to put that promise into action.
What you hope to experience on this trip:
1. The overwhelming and over abundant joy that comes from totally emptying myself out and allowing God to use any and every part of this trip for His glory.
2. A deeper appreciation of His creativity as I experience the rich Indian culture and the vibrancy of the Indian people that He loves so much.
3. A whole lot of side splitting laughter with this team that seems to have no end of humorous comebacks, insights and observations.
What is one of your favorite Bible verses:
This changes regularly, but right now it is 1 Peter 4:10, "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."
Any Fun Factoid:
The Bible, the world's best-selling book, is also the world's most shoplifted book. Every person has a unique tongue print. Eskimos use refrigerators to keep food from freezing...These have nothing to do with me, I just can't seem to come up with anything else at the moment :)
Name: Stephen Nimick
Occupation: Student at the University of Tulsa
City in which I live: Tulsa, OK
Spouse/children: None that I can remember
Describe the process, the leading by which you came to the decision to go on this trip:
I suppose it was part God, part destiny, and part other people always asking me when I would be going. I had never considered it until this June. Both my parents have already been twice, and they have told Bro. Henry and the staff there a lot about me. I have met Bros. Henry and Praveen when they visited the States, and so I'm sure all of GSM is expecting me at some point. And so here I am.
What you hope to experience on this trip:
I am most looking forward to seeing and experiencing daily life in India and at GSM and helping with the construction project. Oh, and I forgot to mention the plane rides…and getting back to Tulsa two days before going back to school. How Exciting.
What is one of your favorite Bible verses:
I have several favorite Bible verses...so how about Jeremiah 29:11.

Name: Andrew Nimick
Occupation: Business Development at Williams Companies (Midstream)
City where you live: Tulsa, OK
Spouse/children: Wife, Daleen; son, Stephen (university student)
Describe the process, the leading by which you came to the decision to go on this trip:
Having been to Good Shepherd Mission in '03 and again in '07 with groups organized and led by a church in St. Joseph, MO, I felt lead to step out and organize a Tulsa-based trip to increase the awareness of the great outreach that is being done by Brother Henry and Good Shepherd in southern India.
What you hope to experience on this trip:
There are many things I look forward to on this my 3rd trip to GSM (which will feel a little like a homecoming): seeing Brother Henry and each of the wonderful staff members; seeing the smiles of the children; trying to learn another an Indian worship song; working along side the Indian doctors and nurses, driving through the rural countryside; and, of course, sharing cup after cup of strong Indian chai (hot tea)!
What is one of your favorite Bible verses:
My favorite bible verses are any for which I can actually remember both the verse and the reference! How about Psalm 23. That's always a good one.
Any Fun Factoid:
Someday, I hope to summit all of Colorado's 14,000-foot peaks. There are 58 of them and so far; I’ve been atop of 42 of them.
Name: Daleen NimickOccupation: Professional volunteer; treasurer of Global Network of Independent Missions, a nonprofit organization Andrew and I began in 2004 (http://www.globalnim.org/)
City where you live: Tulsa
Spouse/children: Husband, Andrew; son, Stephen (19)
Describe the process, the leading by which you came to the decision to go on this trip:
Once someone has visited Good Shepherd Mission and played with the children prospering at the orphanages, or assisted in giving care to the hurting and poor, or taken part in an evangelical service at a Mission village church, it is incredibly difficult Not to return, and you desire to bring others with you!
What you hope to experience on this trip:
The ways that God inspires and uplifts us physically and mentally to serve others even when dead tired; the joy expressed on the faces of the people served by Good Shepherd because 1) they either already know Jesus, or 2) they are amazed that total strangers from another land care for them with the love of Jesus; the awe, dismay, laughter and tears encountered by my team members as they walk through this “experience of India…” especially things like seeing blue eye shadow on oxen.
What is one of your favorite Bible verses: Isaiah 41:10 – “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
Any Fun Factoid:
I am the proud owner of 9 elephants.
Name: Warren “Kellen” Myers
Occupation: Undergraduate research through Dec. 2008 (University of Tulsa)
City where you live: Tulsa
Spouse/children: hahahahahahahahaha
Describe the process, the leading by which you came to the decision to go on this trip:
I have always been interested in different cultures and languages, and I am enthralled at the prospect of going to a place where I am a complete foreigner. I hope to observe and learn a good deal about the ways that the people we meet over there relate to our own experiences, and more specifically about the ways that the people over there relate to each other. In our ever shrinking world it is imperative to learn about the differences between cultures and peoples and to ultimately accept the fact that everybody on this big blue planet belongs to the same group of people. When the opportunity arose to join this trip I leapt at it for two reasons; that I hope to be of some use- and I believe will put us to work, and also that I’m graduating this fall and believe this will be an excellent experience towards learning what is at the heart of service.
What you hope to experience on this trip:
1. I hope to be of service to the people that we meet.
2. I hope to meet some very interesting people.
3. I hope to learn how Brother Henry goes about serving his community.
4. I hope to see some monkeys/tigers/elephants/other indigenous megafauna.
What is one of your favorite Bible verses:
Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not
see- Hebrews 11:1. Faith itself has always been my greatest struggle, and this
definition places all of the pieces of my puzzle in one statement. I’m only now beginning to understand the incredible implications of faith itself on life in general- and may I just say, wow.
Any Fun Factoid:
I am blond, but have a black spot of hair on my head.
Kory Myers
Occupation: I am a student of Jenks High School, and proud of it!
City where you live: Tulsa, OK
Family: I live with my mom, Mollie, and my dad, Karl. I have an older brother and sister, Kellen and Mandy. I am an uncle of four: Spencer, Miah, Allison, and Beau. Other occupants of my house include Brandon, my dog I adopted in 2000, and Tanner, my mom’s dog.
Describe the process, the leading by which you felt called to go on this trip:
My mom went to India in 2007. She came back with a different passion than I have ever seen out of anyone. She spoke of the miraculous, the precious, and the strange. I have felt a calling toward mission work outside of the country. With a recently found love for architectural design I would like to end up designing and drawing the floor plans for Christian outreach buildings. I hope to work hand in hand with the people my dreams would affect.
What you hope to experience on this trip:
I hope to experience Christ, culture, and the church being the church outside the walls of the church.
What is one of your favorite Bible verses?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Any fun factoid: In second grade, at seven years old, I became an uncle.
Name: Karl MyersOccupation: Blessed with a few companies, and a wonderful team that keeps me out of trouble.
City where you live: Tulsa
Family: Pretty much the same as Mollie’s, except that I got the girl. Pastor Mollie, alias Hunny is one of God’s most loveable creations. Smart, funny, and adorable…I’d marry her again.
Describe the process, the leading by which you felt called to go on this trip:
This will be my first trip to India. I love seeing first hand, how different cultures respond to the immense love of our Lord Jesus Christ. My wife, Mollie has visited India, and fallen in love with its people. I had the pleasure of meeting Henry and Praveen last year, and we’ve worked with our best friends, the Nimicks on Global NIM. God has given these people a great vision, and I hope to fulfill my part of realizing that vision.
What you hope to experience on this trip:
I go to experience the culture, the flavor, the scent, the sounds, the color, and the love of Christ through our brothers and sisters.
What is one of your favorite Bible verses:
James 1:2 - 8 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
Any fun factoid:
Been in 25 countries, and I’m ever amazed by how different, and how much the same we are.
Name: Mollie MyersOccupation: I am a wife of one, mother of three, Hunny of four, child of God who is on a continual quest to exercise and develop the gifts, skills and talents God has given me. Sometimes that’s in Tulsa, Oklahoma, at our home, sometimes at church where I’m on staff, and sometimes on the way to the ends of the earth.
City where you live: Tulsa, OK
Family: Husband - Karl (handsomest man on earth!); Daughter - Mandy; Sons - Kellen & Kory (on this trip with us); Grandchildren - Spencer, Miah, Allison & Beau (we are lovingly referred to as Hunny & Poppy); Um, two four-legged family members named Tanner and Brandon.
Describe the process, the leading by which you felt called to go on this trip:
It took just one time of holding a tiny brown eyed jewel looking trustingly up at me to anchor my heart to India. As if to secure it, I met Daniel, the boy our family sponsors and his brother, Satrick in person at Kolladam where the boys orphanage is located. After meeting Satrick, we now sponsor two boys…Sitting cross legged on the steps of the Ashram, Andrew and I taught Daniel and several other boys how to play “cups”, a rhythm game played with, well, plastic cups! I was reminded how internationally transcendent a smile can be and just how beautifully it fit on the faces of those boys. I can’t wait to introduce my sons to their Indian brothers!
What you hope to experience on this trip:
I hope to experience being usable in God’s hands in order to accomplish exactly what He has in mind, and that just possibly, one of the people we encounter will see a bit of Jesus in me.
What is one of your favorite Bible verses?
Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Any fun factoid:
I once had three birthday celebrations on the same day in two different states!
